We get calls about password-related issues literally every day. This is the last issue anyone should have, because it is so very easy to avoid. You do not have to be a computer expert to neatly write down your passwords on a sheet of paper and keep that page in a safe place.
No one is responsible for your passwords but you. It’s time we talk about password management, and at the end of this post there is a special gift.
Poor Password Management
Most people at least attempt to write down their passwords, but make these common mistakes.
- Scribbling it down on a sheet of paper you are sure to lose in a week
- Having your passwords written down in multiple places, or
- Not updating ALL the places you have written your password when you change one
- Not writing down what the password is for
- Not writing down the username
Good Password Management
- Download the Genesis Computing app (Android)
- Download Keeper (iPhone, iPad)
- Keep your password in one safe place, such as a notebook or your phone’s Notes app
- Make sure your device is passcode-protected if you store passwords in its Notes app
- When you change a password, cross out or remove the old ones.
A Gift for You
You’ve made it to the end of this post (if you skipped to the end, shame on you)! As promised, here is your prize. Below is a link to download and print our password management form, free. You will never lose a password again. Simply enter your email address to unlock the download.